THE 57th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Moor Allerton Golf Club 19th October 2015
- The meeting was opened by the Secretary Tony Brown at 0900 with 15 members present.
- Apologies came from Kevin Grace, Allan Mellon, Ally Park & Howard Barker
- The Minutes of the 56th Annual General Meeting were read.
- Matters arising. None. Agreed as a true record by Roy Wood & seconded by Grant Morrow.
- The Secretary thanked the secretaries & the players for their support in 2015. The venues were excellent, the number of players taking part were ; Sitwell 26, Carus 19, Oaks 21, Sandburn 18, Bolton 17, Moor Allerton 42 There was also a resume of the letter Alan sent thanking the members for their warm welcome & it is an honour to be President & the Presidents cup.
- To receive the accounts from Tony Brown, these were presented & accepted by those present. The balance was £968.47. With a special thanks to Keith Woodhams for the splendid raffle prize of a visit to Royal Liverpool.
- To elect the officers of the society; Howard Barker was elected as Chairman & Tony Brown as Secretary & Alan Mellon as President.
- Fixtures 2016; May Cheshire, June Manchester, July Lancashire, August Merseyside, September South Yorkshire, October AGM Cumbria.
- Howard was now available to take the meeting for the proposal; to change to stableford scoring for all divisions to benefit the society by the secretary.There was much debate with the majority of members present agreeing to a one year trial of the above change.
- The meeting closed at 0932