THE 56th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Acrington & District GC 2nd October 2014
- The meeting was opened by the Chairman Howard Barker at 0900 with 14 members present.
- Apologies came from Kevin Grace.
- The Minutes of the 55th Annual General Meeting were read.
- Matters arising. None. Agreed as a true record by Ally Park & seconded by Paul Shipton.
- The President Alan Mellon arriving a little late due to the satnav thanked the secretaries & the players for their support in 2014. He had enjoyed the venues & was pleased with the number of players taking part; Wirral 20, Sitwell 31, South Cliff 24, Sandmoor 37, Mottram 29, Accrington 36He went on to thank Mark Richardson for the excellent Website. He said he was pleased to have completed 50 years in fire service golf & presented the Jacare to Brian Moncaster.
- To receive the accounts from Tony Brown, these were presented & accepted by those present. The balance was £920.14
- To elect the officers of the society; Howard Barker was elected as Chairman & Tony Brown as Secretary.
- Fixtures 2015; May South Yorkshire, June Cumbria, July Merseyside, August Manchester, September North Yorkshire, October AGM West Yorkshire.
- Keith Woodhams of Merseyside asked if he could stage an event outside Merseyside. There was no objection to this request.
- The Chairman then went on to state the position of the society regards handicaps indicating the difficulty in obtaining the information & that the majority of players did not play three times to establish a handicap. In the end no conclusion was made.
- The meeting closed at 0932