THE 54th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Tankersley Park golf club 11th October 2012
- The meeting was opened by the President Alan Mellon at 0900 with 17 members present. The membership then paid their respects to Peter Halleron.
- Apologies came from Ben Cairns.
- The Minutes of the 53nd Annual General Meeting were read.
- Matters arising. None. Agreed as a true record by Howard Barker and seconded by Brian Jacques.
- The President Alan Mellon thanked the secretaries and the players for their support in 2012. He had enjoyed the venues and was pleased with the number of players taking part. Bolton 46, Workington 15, Wilmslow 45, Blundells 31, Lytham 37 & Tankersley 39. He went on to thank Mark Richardson for the excellent Website. Lastly he paid tribute to the support Peter had given to the society over the years.
- To receive the accounts from Tony Brown, these were presented and accepted by those present. The balance was £549.77.
- To elect the officers of the society; Alan Mellon was elected as President, Howard Barker was elected as Chairperson and Tony Brown as Secretary.
- Fixtures 2013; May Cumbria, June Lancashire, July West Yorkshire, August Cheshire, September Greater Manchester, October AGM North Yorkshire.
- A proposal from Grant Morrow of South Yorkshire was debated and it was decided to use the points as recommendations for future events i.e. Divisional winners; 1st £25, 2nd £20, Team £10 each. Prizes in the form of a national voucher. Teams can be made up from any service. The competition fee to be up to £35.
- From Howard Barker of Greater Manchester regards Distance measuring Devices following a directive from the R&A. It was decided that the society would allow the use of mobile phones.
- Kevin Grace of Cheshire stated that the National Individual was to be in the region for 2013. Kevin outlined the details & there were offers of support.
- The President announced that 2013 marked fifty years of fire service golf for himself and that he would like to mark the passing of so many enjoyable days with a trophy. This would be called the Jackaray Trophy for anyone who helped the society. The first name on the trophy would be Peter Halleron.
- The meeting closed at 0950