THE 55th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Pike Hills Golf Club 4th October 2013
- The meeting was opened by the President Alan Mellon at 0900 with 17 members present.
- Apologies came from Paul Shipton, Ally Park, Lee Burns & Kevin Grace.
- The Minutes of the 54th Annual General Meeting were read.
- Matters arising. None. Agreed as a true record by Ewan Hewett & seconded by Minty.
- The President Alan Mellon thanked the secretaries & the players for their support in 2013. He had enjoyed the venues & was pleased with the number of players taking part, & stated that it was a shame Bolton was unplayable. Carlisle 19, Lytham Green 46, Sandmoor 43, Mottram Hall 44, Pike Hills 38. He went on to thank Mark Richardson for the excellent Website.
- To receive the accounts from Tony Brown, these were presented & accepted by those present. The balance was £674.54.
- To elect the officers of the society; Howard Barker was elected as Chairperson & Tony Brown as Secretary.
- Fixtures 2014; May Merseyside, June South Yorkshire, July North Yorkshire, August West Yorkshire, September Cheshire, October AGM Lancashire.
- A proposal from Grant Morrow of South Yorkshire was debated & it was decided that a society handicap system would be looked into with the co-operation of all the services to arrive at a fair conclusion.
- From Kevin Grace of Cheshire regards the team prize. This was debated & it was decided that there would be no team prize & as an alternative a third prize in each division would be awarded at the venues.
- Grant Morrow stated that the National Individual was to be held in South Yorkshire in 2014 in late August.
- The meeting closed at 0937.